netoops blog

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Interview with Britt Eerland - The Netherlands new star !


Britt Eerland is a Netherlands young player who made sensation at the WTTTC one month ago. She played against the world best players and beat a lot of her opponents with the best way, stay herself !
In this interview, you will meet a girl incredibly passionate by Table Tennis, but also with the human values, because what she does, she does it with her heart and her head, to improve her game at maximum !


1. Firstly, thank you very much Britt for this interview and congratulations for your recent results! You almost have won all your matches at the World Team Championships in Tokyo, how was this experience for you?
Your welcome and also thanks to you for asking me for this interview! The experience was amazing tournament ! During it I was just really focused on how to play, what to do, be myself and give everything. My goal was to play the best I can for my team and also play for myself. I knew it was an important tournament so I tried to don't put too much pressure on me!

2. Against Japan, and particularly against Kasumi Ishikawa, the best Japanese player, you were not far to defeat her. You lost on the 5th set. What was the difference that made her win? The Japanese supporters? The pressure?
Yes that is true it was really close. It was an unbelievable experience. It was so cool! I lost the match, but it was a good game. In the last set she took a time-out and after it we had a great rally, she won the point and this gave her more confidence, she really played good, I still did it too, but at that moment she was better. And yes in the end I was so nervous, but I think that is normal, but she could handle it better.



3. Is that your performances against Seok Ah Jung or Chen Szu Yu that made you confident for the 1/4 final? Was it thanks to this that you were in position number one against Japan?
Of course I had more confidence in the end than normal, but it was more the whole tournament. I grew in this tournament. I learnt a lot and I just took the positive stuff with me. And it was really important to put myself there. Just play my game and let them find there way to play against me. I had this confidence also because I was myself and handled like it. So it felt all natural.



4. Does your motivation come from your world ranking? How do you train every weeks to be on world number 75 position?
My motivation comes a little from my world ranking. My goal was this year to come into the top 100 so when I did it I was very happy when I had this feeling. I also think about the Olympics this is also a real goal for me and I want to learn a lot as a player but also as a person and in life. Like this I can learn a lot. So in the end I really know that this life is for me. With this idea I can give the full 100% of myself.



5. What rubbers and blade do you use?
My blade is Timo Boll ZLF. I have good feeling with this. My rubbers are both Tenergy 05 in 2.1.

6. What are your next goals this year, and short to long-term?
My next big goal will be the Olympics Games. I know the chances will be small, but in the end there is a chance so I will try to take it. In short-term it will be the World Tour Grand Final.

7. Britt, it's your communication moment ! What would you say about Table Tennis to people who don't play in a club but want to follow all their international champions?
That is a hard question. I would say that if they look at table tennis, that they look to the people who play with their heart. Then you can see the real Table Tennis and the big performance, than it is really awesome. And if they play by them-self, they just try to enjoy the game and play it. It will be incredible !


Photos/videos credits: Britt's Facebook account, ITTF Youtube/Facebook Page, Piing of Power, Janus770/Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.